Bottom-to-Top Celery Risotto Recipe
At Emirates Bio Farm we are all about using all parts of the vegetable in our cooking. Try this zero waste recipe for your next iftar!
This makes 3-4 serving
100 g x tender celery stalk, sliced into half moons, about 2mm thick
4 tablespoons x chopped celery leaves
2 x shallots, cut into small pieces
2 x garic cloves, crushed and finely chopped
1 cup x short-grain rice (sushi rice used in photo), rinsed thoroughly prior to cooking
Ground black pepper
1 litre x vegetable or chicken stock
1 x bay leaf
2 tablespoons x grassfed butter or extra virgin olive oil
Some roasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- Heat up butter/olive oil in a medium sauce pan on medium-high heat.
- When hot, but not smoking, throw in the shallots and garlic and stir-fry until fragrant.
- Throw in the celery slices and stir-fry for a minute or two.
- Throw in the rinsed and drained rice and stir-fry for another 2 minutes, together with some ground black pepper.
- Pour in the stock and put in the bay leaf, give the mixture a good stir, cover sauce pan and simmer on medium heat.
- Stir every 5 minutes or so. When the water is reduced to the level of the top of the rice, season with salt and stir in the chopped celery leaves.
- Continue to stir regularly until rice is fully cooked and the risotto reaches the right consistency.
- To serve: Top with chopped roasted walnuts.
*If at any time the risotto gets to dry during cooking, add more broth or water.
Get the organic ingredients delivered straight to your door within 24 hours of harvest -->www.emiratesbiofarm.com/order-online